Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Not my will, but yours be done."

Sunday January 4 2009

Three weeks to make a decision. One week to mull over my current call. One week to think about the call being extended to me. One week to weigh the one against the other. Then one more week to find peace with the decision before I announce it to the congregation.

There is so much information, so much history, so much unknown that you have to consider. At the same time I've got to be thinking about Ruthie and Ella - but not letting their needs be the overriding reason for making a decision. And then there's the house. The worst housing crisis in decades. What are we going to do with this house?

But the bottom line is, it's not my wants or desires that need to be fulfilled. It's God's. Your kingdom come, Lord. Which direction should I take that will most benefit the work of your kingdom? Grant me peace with a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment