Friday, March 11, 2011

Children Are a Gift of the LORD

I can't believe how quickly Ella is growing up. Time sure speeds along. I still picture her as a babbling, bubbly, toddler. She hasn't lost the bubbly. She still jabbers. But she doesn't sound like a toddler much any more.

She's a little girl who says things like, "Dad, I have a hypothesis ...", who apologizes after passing wind because as she says, "I don't like when I do that," who sets me straight after I get upset by reminding me that "Jesus wants us to be love," who had her first official sleepover last night, and is having her first official play-date this afternoon.

She has more of a social life than I do. Not that I'm complaining. I'm more comfortable surrounded by my walls, and by my family. So it was strange waking up this morning without being woken up by Ella.

No comments:

Post a Comment